简单的司康配上大黄酱(Rhubarb jam), 很适合当早餐或下午茶。
(Recipe adapted from Carol, The Second Book of Baking for Beginners)
3/4 tsp instant yeast
1 egg, lightly beaten
250g plain flour
50g cold cubed salted butter
1. Microwave the milk for 20secs & stir in sugar. Add in yeast & leave aside for 5mins. Add in the egg & mix well. Set aside.
2. Sieve flour into mixing bowl. Add in the butter & rub until it resembles bread crumbs.
3. Pour (1) into (2) & mix with spatula then by hand. Mix quickly to form a dough.
4. Add in the chocolate chips & proof for 1 hour.
5. Place the dough on a lightly dusted working surface. Roll out into rectangle shape. Fold 1/3 to the center. Top up with the other 1/3 portion. Repeat this process for another 2 times.
6. Cut into triangle shapes. Place on lined baking sheet. Proof for 1hr.
7. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 15mins.