My mum used to buy chocolate rice swiss roll for my sisters & I when we were younger. It costs $0.60 per piece back then. I suddenly had a craving for them recently & decide to make a roll myself.
Chocolate Rice Swiss Roll
20g cocoa powder
40g hot water
4 egg yolks
75g plain flour
4 egg whites
1. Mix cocoa powder with hot water into a paste & set aside.
2. Use a electric hand mixer, whisk egg yolk & sugar till creamy.
3. Add in cocoa mixture (1) & mix well.
4. Add in oil & milk & mix till well incorporated. Stir in sifted flour & set aside.
In another mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy. Add in sugar &
whisk till stiff peak.
Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture (4). Then
add this mixture into the balance egg white fold till well mixed.
7. Pour mixture into the prepared tray & bake in preheated oven for 12 mins.