I made this swiss roll specially for my niece. Whenever she sees me in MSN or in person, she will ask "小姨，你的giraffe 在哪里？” She simply loves my giraffe soft toy! Hahahha... Oh well, who can resists such a cute & sweet looking giraffe? Can you? *^_^*
(recipe adapted & modify from 茄子)
Egg yolk batter
4 egg yolks
15g castor sugar
40g vegetable oil
1 tsp Kahlua
70g plain flour
10g cocoa powder
2 Tbsp egg yolk batter
1 tsp plain flour
2 tsp sugar
20g egg white
Egg white batter
4 egg whites
50g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil, milk & Kahlua until combined. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. Remove 2 Tbsp of yolk batter & add in 1 tsp flour. Add in cocoa powder to the remaining batter in (1).
3. In another bowl, beat egg white & sugar till soft peaks. Add into picture batter & mix till combined. Pipe giraffe patterns onto baking tray. Bake in oven @ 180 deg C for 1 min.
3. In another bowl, beat egg whites & sugar till soft peaks. Add into (1) & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into the tray & bake @ 180 deg C for 10mins.