Monday, March 23, 2020
180g Blue Jacket Bread Flour
20g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
1/4 tsp instant yeast
1/4 tsp salt
15g olive oil
icing sugar & cinnamon powder
1. Mix all ingredients (except oil) together in a medium bowl till a rough dough is formed. Knead in oil slowly until dough is soft & elastic. Proof for 1hr.
2. De-gas the dough & divide into 24 pieces (15-16g each). Brush some oil into Bruno tako plate, then put in the dough & cover with lid. Proof for 20-30mins.
3. On the bruno heat to low-medium. The dough will slowly increase in size. Let it cook for 1-2 mins then use bamboo stick to flip them until both sides are brown.
4. Once done, transfer all doughnuts into a plastic bag. Add in icing sugar & cinnamon powder. Shake them thoroughly till all balls are coated.
Saturday, March 21, 2020
Okonomiyaki (Hiroshima style)
4 Tbsp Okonomiyaki premix + 6 Tbsp bonito stock
1 pkt noodles, cooked & mixed with 2 Tbsp Okonomiyaki sauce
kamanoko flakes/bonito flakes
1. Pour about 1/2 the flour batter onto brunohotplate. Then, using the back of the ladle, move in spiral motion from the center towards the edge of batter. Sprinkle bonito powder & placed cabbage & bean sprouts on top. Next add in Tenkasu & prawns. Sprinkle more bonito powder & pour 1 Tbsp of flour batter on top (to 'glue' the ingredients together). Use 2 spatulas to flip over to cook the prawns & vegetables for 2mins.
2. Push the okonomiyaki to one side of the hotplate. Add in noodles & make into a round shape. Using 2 spatulas, transfer the okonomiyaki on top of the noodles. Push it to one side of the hotplate again. Crack an egg & quickly spread out into round. Then again transfer the okonomiyaki on top of the egg. Let it cook for 2mins & flip it for one last time.
3. Generously season with okonomiyaki sauce & mayonnaise. Sprinkle with Kamaboko flakes/bonito flakes.
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Sakura Spritz Cookies
(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from Cookpad)
80g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
20g almond powder
3g red yeast powder
pinch of salt
60g unsalted butter, soften
40g icing sugar
1. Whisk butter & sugar till light & fluffy.
2. Add in flour, almond powder, yeast powder & salt. Mix till combined.
3. Fill a pastry bag with the soft dough & pipe onto silpat mat on a tray.
4. Bake in a preheated oven @160C for 15mins.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Sakura Matcha Madeleines
(basic cake recipe adapted from justonecookbook)
10 sakura flowers, soaked & dried
57g unsalted butter, melted
67g fine sugar
60g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp milk
1. In a medium bowl, combine egg & sugar & whisk together till frothy.
2. Sift flour & baking powder over the egg mixture. Fold in until just combined with a spatula.
3. Add in milk & butter. Fold till combined.
4. Cling wrap the bowl & refrigerate overnight.
5. Brush butter onto the madeleine pan. Then lightly dust some plain flour over the molds.
6. Place sakura into the molds & scoop the batter to cover the sakura.
7. Bake in a preheated oven @180C for 12mins.
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
(recipe adapted from justonecookbook)
80g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp maple syrup
red bean paste
1. Combine eggs, sugar & maple syrup in a medium bowl. Whisk till light & fluffy.
2. Sift in flour & baking powder. Stir till combined. Set aside in fridge for 15mins.
3. Stir in 1/2 Tbsp water into the batter & stir till combined.
4. Preheat Bruno hotplate. Coat the hotplate with oil using a kitchen towel. Using a small cookie scoop, pour 2 laddle of batter onto the hotplate. Once the surface of the batter starts to bubble, flip over & cook the other side. Repeat till all batter are used up.
5. Make sandwich with red bean paste & decorate with melted chocolate.