1. Scrap the beans from the vanilla pod & put them into the sifted icing sugar.
2. Sift together flour with baking powder & set aside.
3. Beat together butter & the icing sugar in a bowl until pale & fluffy. Add lemon zest & eggs. Add half of the flour mixture then add milk & lemon juice. Add the rest of the flour mixture, fold to combine.
4. Pour batter into silicon mould & bake @ 180° about 20mins.
Method 1. Using a mixer, whisk eggs & sugar together until white & fluffy. 2. In a small bowl, mix the oil & milk together. 3. Drizzle the oil & milk mixture to the batter (1). If possible keep on whisking. 4. Sift flour & matcha powder into the batter. Carefully mix using a scraper not to burst any air bubbles. 5. Pour the batter into the cake tin & sprinkle chopped nuts. 6. Bake at 160C for 30mins.
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
drizzle of olive oil
fresh carrot juice as required
Method: 1. Make a well in the middle of your bowl of flour.
2. Crack an egg into the well. Add salt & olive oil. Then slowly stir in the flour till a dough is formed. If it feels too dry, add carrot juice till you get a firm but smooth dough. Knead till it comes together.
Rest the dough for about 30 mins.
3. Flatten or roll out the dough into a disc, then feed it through the rollers at the widest setting. Slowly work your way through the narrower settings till you get the thickness you desire, flouring the dough as required so it doesn't stick to the machine.
4. Finally, feed it through fettuccine cutters, and you get beautiful fresh 'Ban Mian' !
1 lemon, finely grate the rind
2 large eggs
175g plain flour
1.5tsp baking powder
4tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp sugar
1 lemon, extract juice
1 lemon, finely grate the rind
1. Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs one by one, then add in lemon rind, mixing well.
3. Fold in the flour & lemon juice, combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into a tin.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160C for 30mins.
6. Mix sugar & lemon juice & cook over low heat till sugar dissolved, add in lemon rind, set aside.
7. When cake done, remove cake from the oven & prick all over with a skewer.
8. Pour over the lemon glaze over the hot cake.
I've got extra batter for 4 cuppies & pipe meringue on top. Enjoy =)
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks & sugar together. Add in oil, milk & mashed blueberries. Add in sifted flour.
2. In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture becomes frothy & foamy. Turn to high speed & gradually beat in the sugar until soft peaks forms.
3. With a spatula, gently fold in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture until just blended. Repeat with 1/2 of the remaining egg white. Finally, pour the resulting batter to the remaining egg white. Fold in to combine.
4. Pour batter into a tube pan. Tap the pan lightly on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for 35mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Invert the pan immediately & let cool completely before unmould.
2. With a mixer, cream butter. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add vanilla essence & eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl & add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour & ending with the flour.
3. Add in the tea leaves & then pour into a greased & floured pan.
4. Bake for about 40mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.