Thursday, May 28, 2020
No Knead Ciabatta
(recipe adapted & modify slightly from You tube)
385g Blue Jacket Bread Flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
38g olive oil
1 tsp salt
1. Add water & yeast into a big rectangular lock & lock container. Use a spatula to mix till combined. Then add in oil & mix again till combined.
2. Pour in sifted flour & salt. Use the spatula to mix till a rough sticky dough is formed. Set aside to proof for 45mins.
3. Wet both hands, do a stretch & fold of the dough from all 4 sides of the container. Then set aside for 30mins. After 30mins, repeat another round of stretch & fold & proof for 30mins again. Then do another round of stretch & fold of the dough & proof it for another 45mins.
4. Sprinkle the table top with flour generously & remove the dough from the container. Divide into 4 portions. Placed on a tray lined with silpat mat & proof for 30mins.
5. Bake in a preheated oven @220C for 18mins.
6. Let the Ciabatta cool down slightly before slicing. Serve with Balsamic / Olive oil dip.
Monday, May 18, 2020
Taro/Sweet Potato Balls 芋圓/地瓜圓
200g taro/sweet potato/purple sweet potato
110g tapioca starch
70g boiling water
1 Tbsp sugar
1. Steam taro/sweet potatoes for 15mins
2. Mash the taro/sweet potatoes. Mix in tapioca starch. Pour in water & knead into a soft dough. Roll the dough into a long rope & cut into pieces. Coat the dough with more tapioca starch to prevent sticking
3. Cook the taro/sweet potatoes balls in water. Once they float to surface, continue to cook another min. Remove & put into a bowl of cold water. Strain the balls & coat with sugar
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
(recipe adapted & modify from you tube)
40g fine sugar
50g unsalted butter, melted
75g Blue Jacket Cake flour
10g matcha powder
10 almond powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
few drops of vanilla oil
Sakura (soaked in water & dried)
1. Whisk sugar, butter, egg & vanilla oil together in a medium bowl.
2. Sift in flour, matcha, almond & baking powder. Whisk till combined.
3. Transfer batter into a pastry bag. Placed a few sakura into individual donut mould hole & pipe some batter inside.
4. Bake in a preheated oven @ 170C for 10mins.