(recipe adapted & modify slightly from Ochikeron)
140g domyoji powder (染色道明寺粉)
1 Tbsp sugar
200 Koshian (sweet red bean paste)
10 salt pickled Sakura leaves
1. Soak salt pickled Sakura leaves in water for 30mins. Then dry the leaves with paper towel.
2. Divide Koshian into 10 portions (23g each).
3. In a microwavable bowl, add in sugar, domyoji powder & water. Mix well.
4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap & microwave for 5mins. When it's done, leave it in the microwave for 10mins to set.
5. Mix well. Divide into 10 portions.
6. Moisten hands with water & flatten out the rice cake. Wrap the Anko & form the rice into a cylinder.
7. Wrap with Sakura leaves to finish.
Storage: Cling wrap each sakura mochi individually & put in a air tight container.