Tuesday, September 29, 2020
(basic dango recipe adapted from here)
100g Soft Silken Tofu
Sweet Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp mirin
4 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp cornflour mix with 1 Tbsp water
*cook the 1st 4 ingreduents in a pot until boils. Then add in cornflour mixture & stir till thickens
1. Combine shiratamako & tofu in a bowl. Knead till bowl is smooth.
2. Divide the dough into 13g each for the rilakkuma head & pinch a bit of dough for the ears.
3. Placed the dough balls into a pot of boiling water. Boil the dango for 1-2mins after they float to the surface of the pot.
4. Remove & placed them into a bowl of cold water.
5. Drain & thread 3 dango pieces onto each bamboo skewer.
6. Brush some thicken soy sauce over the rilakkuma. Use some white chocolate & cut out seaweed for the eyes/nose
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
150g silken tofu
1 Tbsp icing sugar
1 Tbsp matcha powder
80g greek yogurt
1/2 Tbsp Matcha flavour Kahlua
Sponge fingersextra matcha powder for dusting
1. In a blender, add tofu, sugar, matcha powder, yogurt & Kahlua together & blend till smooth & combined.
2. Trim & dip the sponge fingers in kahlua & line the base of serving cup. Spoon some fillings over & spread evenly. Repeat with another layer of sponge fingers & fillings. Smooth the top & chill for at least 2hrs.
3. Dust with matcha powder before serve.
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
抹茶巴斯克烤芝士蛋糕 Matcha Basque Burnt Cheesecake
(Recipe adapted & modify from here)
250g cream cheese
130g eggs, lightly beaten
10g Matcha powder
1 tsp Blue Jacket Cake Flour
1 Tbsp Matcha Kualah
120g thickened cream
1. Whisk cream cheese & sugar in a medium mixing bowl till smooth.
2. Add in eggs gradually & whisk it till combined.
3. Add in thickened cream & kualah. Whisk till combined.
4. Sift in matcha powder & flour & whisk till combined.
5. Pour the batter into a lined 6"pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven @220C for 15mins, then 200C for another 5mins
*adjust your oven temp/baking time accordingly if you prefer a more burnt top