1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
60g fine sugar
80g light brown sugar
1 Tbsp rum
150g carrots, shredded
227g Cowhead cream cheese
80g icing sugar
1/2 Tbsp Cointreau
sweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted
1. Place butter in a pan & heat on the stove until the butter has melted & begins to turn brown.
Pour the browned butter into a clean bowl & discard the butter solid residue.
2. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda & powder into a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk sugars, eggs & rum till smooth.
Add in the browned butter & mix well.
4. Add in all the flour mixture & mix until well combined.
Add in carrots, raisins & walnuts. Mix well.
5. Pour batter into two 7” cake pans.
Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 20mins.
Verdict: Extremely soft & moist cake. Very flavorful as you bite into the sweet raisins, crispy walnuts & toasted coconut flakes. Smooth cream cheese frosting with a light salty taste from the butter. Perfect combination! Even my hubby who does not like carrot cake commented that it is very yummy.
Post a Comment