Passionfruit Ogura Cake(Recipe adapted & modify from Bernice's Kitchen)
100g egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/4 tsp salt
70g passionfruit puree
80g plain flour, sifted
200g egg whites
1. Whisk ingredients (A) together in a mixing bowl. Add in (B). Set aside.
2. Whisk egg whites until frothy & add in sugar. Continue to whisk until soft peaks.
3. Mix (2) into (1).
4. Pour into an 8" pan & steam bake in a preheated oven @ 100 degrees for 1hr.
My mum loves these soft & fluffy passionfruit ogura cakes. She even asks me to bake her another flavour next time.
I went Strawberry picking at Taiwan recently & came across these Strawberry powder. Besides having a nice fragrant strawberry smell, it also has a light salty taste (due to the plum powder in it). I was told that the powder can be added onto ice shavings or dip guava in the strawberry powder. I even saw on a cooking show where the chef sift the powder on macarons!
I have 2 bottles of Strawberry powder (40g per bottle) for my Cathy's Joy readers. This is how to enter the giveaway:
- Leave a comment below telling me that you wish to try this Strawberry powder & how you are going to use the powder
- If you have a Facebook account, all you have to do is 'LIKE' Cathy's Joy on Facebook to get an extra entry.
- The winners will be selected randomly. They must reside in Singapore for self collection of prize.
- Giveaway starts from today & ends next Monday, 28th January 2013.
oh i definitely wanna try the strawberry powder! the addition of plum sounds really interesting - i'm thinking of strawberry chiffon cake as my first bake to try it if i win :)
Janine, Interesting chiffon! :)
Hi Cathy, what size pan did you used? Thanks,Quyen
HI Cathy, I wanna try strawberry cookie, strawberry chiffon cake.. perhaps 草莓相思蛋糕！I love your ogura cake: )
Hi Cathy, I wanna try strawberry cookie, strawberry chiffon and perhaps strawberry ogura cake. Love your ogura cake :)
Wow, sounds interesting! :)
I'd like to try it and put it on apples.
Please ignore my comment. Thanks.
Can I know the pan size used? Tks :)
Post a Comment