This post is sponsored by LIV butter. Try a Liv butter today!
Passionfruit Bars (makes two 10" x 6" pan)(Recipe adapted & modify from Sugar & Everything Nice)
300g plain flour
70g icing sugar
250g salted butter, cut into cubes
Ingredients for the Filling:
55g plain flour
1.5tsp baking powder
200g passion fruit puree
Confectioner’s sugar (for dusting)
1) Mix the flour & icing sugar in a medium large bowl. Add in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2) Press the dough into the base of a baking pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 20mins until just golden.
1) Whisk the eggs until slightly frothy. Gradually whisk in the sugar. Then beat in the flour & baking powder until well-mixed.
2) Add in the passion fruit purée & whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the filling over the crust in the baking pan. Bake at 160 degrees for 30mins until the top of the bars are golden brown & the center is firm.
3) Cool completely & refrigerate for a few hours before slicing into squares.
This is very addictive & delicious. You simply can't stop eating at one ;P