" Looks are deceiving! I'm not a durian swiss roll~ I'm actually a pumpkin roll in disguise! ;P "
南瓜蛋糕卷 ~ Pumpkin Swiss Roll
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
85g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
45g vegetable oil
45g whipping cream
50g mashed pumpkin
85g plain flour
170g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & whipping cream mixture until combined. Add in mashed pumpkin. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into (1). Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into a tray lined with parchment paper & bake @ 180 deg C for 15mins.
250g pumpkin (steamed & mashed)
30g icing sugar
50g butter, softened
2 Tbsp whipping cream
1. Whisk pumpkin, icing sugar & butter together till combined.
2. Add in whipping cream slowly & whisk until smooth.
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times (July 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food
Very Nice Swiss Roll! :) :)
Love the yellow colour, beautiful swiss roll
Wow, looks at all your swiss rolls, they are very neat and looks so yummy.
No no no~ looks can't be deceived, it looks good n definately tastes good :)
the roll looks soft and light!
Thanks for your kind words ;)
Thanks. Yup it tastes good ;)
Yes Wendy ! ;)
For a moment, I really thought it was durian swiss roll - very pretty.
thanks for your kind words :)
hahahah you got me, yes I thought it was a durian roll! hahahaha ....
actually when I read that that it is not a durian I thought it's a pineapple lol...kidding your cakes are all awesome It is my first time here and look over your other cakes, they are all tempting.
I love pumpkin. This must be very delicious. :) Can I have a slice...PLEASE... ;p
help yrself ;)
thanks & welcome to my blog :)
Hahaha... I really thought it's durian roll :P
hahaha, I knew it! The pumpkin I bought is from Msia & the colour is more yellowish! ;)
Looks durian to me..the colour is so refreshing. Great look! And definitely taste good too..
hahaha, very yellow coloured roll :)
Post a Comment