" Looks are deceiving! I'm not a durian swiss roll~ I'm actually a pumpkin roll in disguise! ;P "
南瓜蛋糕卷 ~ Pumpkin Swiss Roll
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
85g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
45g vegetable oil
45g whipping cream
50g mashed pumpkin
85g plain flour
170g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & whipping cream mixture until combined. Add in mashed pumpkin. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into (1). Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into a tray lined with parchment paper & bake @ 180 deg C for 15mins.
250g pumpkin (steamed & mashed)
30g icing sugar
50g butter, softened
2 Tbsp whipping cream
1. Whisk pumpkin, icing sugar & butter together till combined.
2. Add in whipping cream slowly & whisk until smooth.
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times (July 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food