Earl Grey Milk Tea Swiss Roll ~ 伯爵奶茶卷(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
80g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
40g vegetable oil
80g plain flour
1 sachet of Earl Grey Tea pack (add in milk & boil)
160g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & milk tea until combined. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into a tray lined with parchment paper & bake @ 180 deg C for 12mins.
Earl Grey cream fillings:
45g Earl Grey milk tea (1 tsp tea leaves+ 60g hot water, soak for 10mins)
30g icing sugar
1. Whisk icing sugar & butter in a bowl. Add in milk tea & whisk till combined.