Monday, April 25, 2011
Grand Marnier Pound cake
Pound cake (Recipe adapted & modify from J3ss kitchen)
1 orange zest & juice
2 tsp grand marnier
85g butter, softened
240g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
40g whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat a baking pan with butter & dust with some flour.
2. Cream the butter & sugar until it is light & fluffy.
3. On low speed, add the egg to the butter mixture. Mix in Grand Marnier & orange zest.
4. Sift plain flour & baking powder in a medium bowl. With the mixture on the lowest speed, add the flour mixture & whipping cream & orange juice alternately, beginning with one-third of the flour mixture & half of the whipping cream & orange juice; repeat, then finish with the flour mixture.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan & smooth the top. Bake for 45mins, until firm to the touch & passed the skewer test. Transfer to a rack to cool completely before serving.
Posted by CaThY at 4/25/2011 02:37:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Still looks yummy.
I ate 3 pieces for my tea break already~ hehehe ;P
lovely cake! the aroma is on its way to my office!
Hahahaha, very funi ah Jess... ;)
Cathy, check this out. http://preciousmoments66.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-party.html
Look so nice! Must be very Yummy!
Thanks. Yes, it is yummy :)
The cake looks so tempting.... drooling now ^_^
Hahahaha, its really good :)
i would like to try this one of this days since i got my grand maarnier sometime back :P
That's great! Do add more Grand Marnier :)
Your cake pan is very special, nice to use?
This pan is not bad. :)
I have a bottle of grand marnier in my kitchen cabinet! i can definitely make this!
Who cares about the bubbles, as long as it's yummy!
wah! you are fast! bake in the morning and post in the afternoon already! So do you like the use of Grand Marnier in your bakes? :)
wow looks really good, c an see the fine crumbs from the picture
Haha, yah very nice cake. I ate half of the cake myself ;p
Thats great! Do add more grand marnier ;)
Hahaha, yeah true! ;)
I should have added more grand marnier~ ;)
Cake looks good.
Mmm.. think this is yummy. Grand marnier sounds exotic!
Hahaha, I should have added more Grand Marnier ;)
Thanks Yummykoh2009 ;)
Lovely pound cake you have there!
Thanks Wendy :)
Post a Comment