Tuesday, September 29, 2020
(basic dango recipe adapted from here)
100g Soft Silken Tofu
Sweet Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp mirin
4 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp cornflour mix with 1 Tbsp water
*cook the 1st 4 ingreduents in a pot until boils. Then add in cornflour mixture & stir till thickens
1. Combine shiratamako & tofu in a bowl. Knead till bowl is smooth.
2. Divide the dough into 13g each for the rilakkuma head & pinch a bit of dough for the ears.
3. Placed the dough balls into a pot of boiling water. Boil the dango for 1-2mins after they float to the surface of the pot.
4. Remove & placed them into a bowl of cold water.
5. Drain & thread 3 dango pieces onto each bamboo skewer.
6. Brush some thicken soy sauce over the rilakkuma. Use some white chocolate & cut out seaweed for the eyes/nose