Monday, May 13, 2019
Hoji Cha Madeleines
(recipe adapted & modify slightly from Joyofbaking)
110g unsalted butter, melted
120g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
1 Tbsp hoji cha powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
100g fine sugar
30g light brown sugar
1. Whisk eggs & sugars together in a mixing bowl till thick & pale in colour.
2. Sift in flour, hoji cha powder, salt & baking powder (in 2 additions) till combined.
3. Remove 1/2 of the batter & mix with melted butter till combined. Fold in with the rest of the batter. Leave in fridge overnight.
4. Grease the prepared moulds & dust slightly with flour. Drop a heap Tbsp of batter onto the centre of each mould.
5. Baked in a preheated oven @170C for 11mins.