Monday, June 25, 2018

Triple Chocolate Muffins

 These muffins are super moist with rich chocolaty taste. 

Chocolate Mud Cake
(recipe adapted & modify slightly from Peng's kitchen)

Ingredients:
250g cream
60ml corn oil
125g semi sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
125g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
65g cocoa powder
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract


Chocolate chips
Chocolate sauce (optional)

Method:
1. Place the chopped chocolates in a bowl. Heat up cream in microwave for 1min & pour over the chocolates. Mix till combined & smooth batter. Add oil & mixed till combined. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder & cocoa powder.
3. Mix the vanilla extract & egg into the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix till combined. Then whisk into the dry ingredients in (2). Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into cupcake liners. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 20mins.

Guess what? I forgot to add sugar in my bakes! I only realized my mistake when I baked them in my oven. But I am glad that I did add extra chocolate chips into the muffins, so the muffins are not totally bitter. In fact, I prefer them without sugar since I do not have a sweet tooth. You can always drizzle some chocolate sauce over the muffins & ate with a scoop of ice cream if you fancy *^_^*

Chocolate lovers will definitely love this muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment