This is my first time using Taiwan Premium Brand ~ Blue Jacket Baguette Flour (水手牌法國麵包專用粉). This flour is milled from top grades Canadian hard red spring wheat (CWRS) & is suitable for baking baguette & sourdoughs etc. The baguettes will have a rich flavor, crusty texture outside & great holes on the inside if this Baguette Flour are used. Well, how true is that? Let me find out by baking some Mentaiko baguettes!
(recipe adapted from carol)
210g cold water
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
*mixed together & put in fridge for later use
1. Dough: Put all ingredients into a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Knead till a
dough is formed. Check for windowpane test. Proof dough for 1hr.
2. De-gas dough & transfer on a lightly floured surface.
Divide into 3 equal portions & let the doughs rest for 15mins.
3. Shaped the doughs & placed on a baguette tray.
Proof for 1hr.
4. Score the top of the loaves. Bake in a preheated oven at 200-220C for 15mins.
(I put my baguette tray on the middle rack of oven & pour a cup of ice cubes into a tray on the bottom rack. The ice will create a burst of steam that will give the baguette a nice crispy crust)
I love the crusty outer skin & holes inside the baguette =)
What do you think?
5. Slice baguette into half lengthwise & spread some mentaiko mixture on top.
Sprinkle a bit of dried parsley & bake at 180C for 3mins.
Enjoy! Super delicious, super addictive *^_^*