Rich Custard Puffs (Recipe adapted & modify from j3ss kitch3n)
30g caster sugar
80g plain flour
10g cocoa powder
150g whole eggs
1. Put butter, milk, water & sugar in a saucepan & boil until butter is melted, over medium heat.
2. Add in sifted cake flour & cocoa powder & remove from heat. Stir with a wooden spoon & return the saucepan to the stove & cook over medium heat.
3.Keep stirring the mixture until it forms a dough & a thin layer of membrane is formed at the bottom of the saucepan. Remove from heat & scoop the dough into a large heat proof bowl.
Gradually add in beaten eggs blend the mixture with an electric mixer until smooth.
4.Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe 4cm circles on a lined baking tray spaced at least 2cm apart.
5. Bake in preheated oven of 200C for 15mins, reduce the heat to 180C & bake for another 20mins then remove & cool the puffs.
3 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
10g corn starch
11g plain flour
1g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
some chopped peanuts
1. Using a electrical mixer, beat egg yolks & sugar in a large heat proof mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add in sifted corn starch, cake flour, cocoa powder, vanilla essence & stir well.
2. In a saucepan, bring milk to a boil, then pour into the egg yolk mixture & stir to combine. Put the combined mixture into the saucepan again and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to thicken considerably then stir in the butter until melted.
3. Strain the mixture to obtain a smooth consistency. Add in chopped peanuts.
4. Pipe the cooled custard fillings into the puffs until full, chill the puffs.
look really rich and delicious!! (: you've got many nice bakes there! i want to eat it! (:
i didnt mia lah. just busy . . if i msn then we talk :D
You bo xin lah, oni sms Ah jess. hahahha ;P
Look so good and tempting.
very beautiful puffs! the hollow is so tempting!
Thanks Ah Jess ;)
Looks so yummy! A nice twist to chocolate version!
Yes, very yummy indeed ;)
Nasi Lemak Lover,
Yes, very yummy :)
So nice with a cup of tea,refreshing
Yes, I eat the puffs with a cup of matcha rose tea. Juz nice to balance the sweetness from the puffs :)
Looks very tempting! And yes, I like the music playlist in your blog :)
WOW! This looks so tempting. So nice to come with a cup of tea :)
Yes, this is very yummy! Muz try ;)
Hi Cathy! =) Super nice puffs!! It looks as good as store bought ones~~~ Nice to find your blog..!
Coraine from http://life-is-like-a-long-journey.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your kind words. It is really yummy, I just had one for my supper~ ;)
nice twist to chocolate puff!
Wow...these look so good!! I thought they were just cookies at first...haha :)
I'd love to try these some day!
hahaha, yes you must give it a try someday ;)
So tempting! Can I have one as supper? Hehe...
The chocolate puff is so inviting... would definitely try to make. Thks for sharing ^_^
Looking forward to your puffs ;)
Your puffs are really very huge and lovely! I just tried making the plain ones and they turned out flat and not puffy at all :( Any tips for getting extra puffy ones like yours? :)
I guess perhaps you removed your puffs too early from the oven, resulting the puffs to 'collapse'. Try baking them slightly longer in oven until they are firm :)
Post a Comment