Saturday, May 14, 2011
Matcha Chestnut Swiss Roll 抹茶栗子卷
Matcha Chestnut Swiss Roll ~ 抹茶栗子卷
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
80g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
40g vegetable oil
40g whipping cream
80g plain flour
2 tsp matcha powder
160g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & whipping cream until combined. Sift in flour & matcha powder & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into a tray lined with parchment paper & bake @ 180 deg C for 10mins.
Chestnut cream fillings:
50g whipping cream
200g chestnut puree
35g icing sugar
1. Whisk chestnut puree, icing sugar & butter in a bowl. Add in whipping cream slowly & whisk till combined.
Posted by CaThY at 5/14/2011 02:21:00 AM
Labels: Chestnut, Swiss roll
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Its finally up! very professionally done, Cathy! Can consider putting bits of chestnut into the cream for texture contrast. But you mentioned to me before that the puree is quite grainy as well with chestnut bits yeah?
Yeah! Blogger finally done with their maintenance! Yah there are chestnut bits in the puree so I whisk it till smooth else will have problem piping the cream out on top. ;)
Yummy! I must bookmark this and try it! Thanks for the idea!
Yeah you must, it is really nice ;)
是的， 真的是很好吃。有时间要试一下喔 ；）
wowow i love the generous drizzle of cream over the top of the swissroll! <3
Hehehe, I love it too ;)
This is beautiful cathy. i love how you piped the chestnut frostings across the cake. i have never tried chestnut cakes before. but this looks delish!
Thanks Lina for your kind words ;)
嘿嘿，赶快去买一些栗子！ 两样都可以吃到了。 ；）
Chestnut? I like.... ^_^
Your cake looks so good! I've always wanted to make chestnut cream- but that would mean making chestnut puree (it's hard to find here) so I've never quite gotten around to it :D But I love chestnut, so I would love this cake!
Gorgeou! Btw Cathy, did you buy the chesnut puree or you made your own puree from the package chestnut?
i bet the chestnut puree is really delicious and your swiss roll looks perfect for me!
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, it is simply yummy ;)
Try this, you will love it ;)
I bought chestnut puree from cold storage. I used the package chestnut as decor on top of the Swiss roll & wrapped as fillings. ;)
Is there canned puree chestnut sold in supermarket over there?
WOW! This is my favorite with the chestnut cream. I'm drool...
Post a Comment