Friday, March 4, 2011

抹茶红豆吐司


Matcha Red Bean Loaf ~抹茶红豆吐司
(Recipe adapted & modified from
Happy Home Baking)

Ingredient


50g caster sugar
250g bread flour
4g Instant yeast
3g bread improver
1 Tbsp Matcha powder
100ml red bean water
1 egg
38g butter
100g red bean

Method:
  1. Place all ingredients into the mixer (except butter) to form a soft dough.
  2. Add butter into the dough & beat until the dough becomes smooth and non-sticky.
  3. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Smooth the dough into a round ball & divide into 2 equal portions.
  4. Flatten & roll out each dough into an oval shape. Roll up swiss roll style. Place in a bread loaf tin (well greased), seams side down. Let dough proof for 1 hr or until the dough rise up to 90% of the height of the tin.
  5. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 30mins.
  6. Unmould the bread immediately when removed from the oven. Let cool completely before slicing.


20 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

I never knew we can use beans to make bread, this looks lovely and yummy.

CaThY said...

Umm Mymoonah,
Thanks for your kind words :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

red bean and green tea are perfect combination. This loaf sound good.

CaThY said...

Sonia,
Welcome to my humble blog. Do drop by more often :)

j3ss kitch3n said...

perfectly green and fluffy!

CaThY said...

Thanks Jess~ :)

NEL, the batter baker said...

What a nice loaf! Now you are tempting me to get a loaf pan too. haha.

CaThY said...

Eelin,
Thanks~ Hehehe, I think you should get a loaf pan instead of the 9" square pan. :)

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

咔咔咔,最近大家都一片绿色:P

CaThY said...

鲸鱼,
抹茶季节到了~ kekeke ;)

Angie's Recipes said...

A perfect breakfast loaf! I simply love the combination of matcha and red beans. Irresistible!

CaThY said...

Angie,
Totally agreed with you, matcha & red beans do make a good couple! Kekeke :)

Tracy Low said...

从鲸鱼家游到你的家,欢迎我吗?

CaThY said...

Tracylow,
欢迎光临,进来坐坐,随便参观 :)

Jean said...

ah hahaha i see what you mean by you're addicted to bread baking as well. your matcha loaf looks really tempting :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks wonderful. I'd love a slice of it to have with my morning coffee. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

CaThY said...

Jean,
I think I am seriously & hopelessly addicted to baking, not only to bread making only! Hahaha ;p

Mary,
Thanks! You are always so sweet in your words ;)

CaThY said...

This looks wonderful. I'd love a slice of it to have with my morning coffee. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

CaThY said...

鲸鱼,
抹茶季节到了~ kekeke ;)

CaThY said...

I never knew we can use beans to make bread, this looks lovely and yummy.

Post a Comment