Monday, September 20, 2010

Peach financiers




'A financier is a small French cake. It is a light, moist teacake, similar to sponge cake, and usually contains almond flour, crushed or ground almonds, or almond flavoring. The basis of the cake itself is beurre noisette (brown butter), egg whites, powdered sugar and flour. Financiers are often served topped with whipped cream, berries, or other fruit, and served accompanied by ice cream or other frozen confections ' (Fr Wikipedia)

I wanted to top my financier with a cherry, but I'm not sure why I can't find any fresh cherries in Giant, NTUC or cold storage. I had not choice but to use peaches instead. I stuff in a piece of peach in the middle of my cake & that explained why there is a small 'depression'.

This cake is really soft & moist, best eaten when out from oven.




No comments:

Post a Comment