Do you BEAR to eat them? *^_^*Chocolate Macarons
(Recipe adapted from Carol)
45g egg whites
50g fine sugar 60g icing sugar
65g almond meal
1 Tbsp cocoa powder *I blend whole almonds with skin.
Reese's peanut chocolate spread
Reese's peanut butter chips
1. Sift almond meal, cocoa powder & icing sugar together. Set aside for later use.
2. Whisk egg whites until foamy, add in sugar gradually & whisk until the egg white mixture becomes shiny & stiff peaks.
3. Fold in all the dry ingredients into the egg whites batter until just combined.
4. Pipe the plain batter onto silpat mat. Rap the baking tray on table top a few times to spread the batter slightly.
5. Set it aside for the shells' surface to dry up.
6. Preheat oven to 200C, slide the tray of dried macarons into the oven, off the heat immediately & keep the oven door ajar with a thick glove placed in between, for 6mins.
7. Once the 6mins is up, close the oven door . Bake the macarons at 170C for 1min & lower the heat to 150C for 3mins, 140C for 5mins. Then off oven heat & keep oven door ajar with glove placed in between for another 6mins.
8. Remove from oven & let it cool completely before removing from the silpat mat. Decorate as desired & pipe fillings.
Aww... that innocent look... I can't BEAR to eat them & so.... I gave my friend =P
This photo is taken by my friend, Maya when she wanna eats the cute bearies... *^_^*