Hotteok (Korean Sweet Pancakes)
(recipe adapted from mykoreankitchen)
157g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
1 tsp fine sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
125ml warm water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
30g chopped cashew nuts
1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl & add the rest of the ingredients. Mix till a dough is formed & proof for 1hr.
2. De-gas the dough after 1hr & let it rest again for 20mins.
3. Put some oil onto hands & divide the dough into 6 portions. Flatten each dough & placed 1 Tbsp fillings & sealed up.
4. Pre heat a frying pan on medium heat & once it’s heated add a thin layer of cooking oil.
5. Place a dough into the pan & cook it until the bottom side is lightly golden brown (30s). Flip it over & press the dough down with a spatula. Cook until the bottom part is golden brown (1 min). Flip the pancake over one last time then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan with a lid & cook until the sugar filing fully melts (1 min). Repeat for remaining dough.