Matcha Chiffon~ 抹茶戚风蛋糕
(Recipe adapted & modify from Anncoo Journal)
70g Plain flour
10g matcha powder
4 egg yolks
30g caster sugar
60g corn oil
70g caster sugar
4 egg whites
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks & sugar together. Add in oil & milk. Add in sifted flour & matcha powder.
2. In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture becomes frothy & foamy. Turn to high speed & gradually beat in the sugar until soft peaks forms.
3. With a spatula, gently fold in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture until just blended. Repeat with 1/2 of the remaining egg white. Finally, pour the resulting batter to the remaining egg white. Fold in to combine.
4. Pour batter into a tube pan. Tap the pan lightly on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for 30mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Invert the pan immediately & let cool completely before unmould.