Earl Grey Milk Tea Swiss Roll ~ 伯爵奶茶卷(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
80g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
40g vegetable oil
80g plain flour
1 sachet of Earl Grey Tea pack (add in milk & boil)
160g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & milk tea until combined. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into a tray lined with parchment paper & bake @ 180 deg C for 12mins.
Earl Grey cream fillings:
45g Earl Grey milk tea (1 tsp tea leaves+ 60g hot water, soak for 10mins)
30g icing sugar
1. Whisk icing sugar & butter in a bowl. Add in milk tea & whisk till combined.
Thanks thanks! *munch*munch* very nice!
this look so nicely rolled and soft! cat, i want to eat it!! :D
Yup. Definitely yummy ;)
I love the flavour of this swiss roll. Really tempting. I think I can finish the whole rolls all by myself. thanks for sharing.
must be full of tea aroma!
Earl grey tea.... oh one of my favorite .... ^_^
Thanks! yup, very soft indeed :)
11 x 14" =)
Hahaha, I give some of these to my mum to distribute the calories =)
Nasi Lemak Lover,
me too! very nice hor! ;)
WOW! I can smell the Earl grey tea flavour in the cake. Looks pretty rolls:)
i can only imagine how wonderfully aromatic this swiss roll is!
Hahaha, yup ;)
what a productive month it has been for you! cakes and breads almost everyday! I wish I had the strength and vigour like you!
hahaha, sch holidays mah, so bery productive ;P
I always wodner how the texture & taste is like for cake with tea leaves incorporated. Yours looks so good! It's about time i try making one instead of wondering all the time! Haha
Very yummy! You muz try :)
you are always so good with your swiss rolls, always look so beautiful!
Thanks. There are also times when I failed my rolling too ;p
Post a Comment