Sunday, June 5, 2011
Lemon Chiffon~ 檸檬戚风蛋糕
(Recipe adapted & modify from carol)
90g lemon juice
4 egg yolks
120g plain flour
1 lemon zest
5 egg whites
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks & sugar together. Add in oil & lemon juice & zest. Add in sifted flour.
2. In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture becomes frothy & foamy. Turn to high speed & gradually beat in the sugar until soft peaks forms.
3. With a spatula, gently fold in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture until just blended. Repeat with 1/2 of the remaining egg white. Finally, pour the resulting batter to the remaining egg white. Fold in to combine.
4. Pour batter into a tube pan. Tap the pan lightly on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for 30mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Invert the pan immediately & let cool completely before unmould.