(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from Joy of Baking)
320g heavy cream
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pour cream into a pot & simmer.
2. Combine egg yolks & sugar in a mixing bowl & whisk until pale in colour.
3. Pour cream into (2) slowly & whisk. Add in vanilla essence.
4. Strain the mixture & pour into ramekins.
5. Bake in a water bath in preheated oven @ 150C for 30mins.
6. Cover & refrigerate until cold.
7. Sprinkle some sugar in top of custard & use a butane torch to melt the sugar. Serve immediately.