马铃薯面包 Potato Bread
(recipe adapted & modify from 'The Second Book of Baking for Beginners' by Carol)
Bread flour 270g
Plain flour 30g
Bread improver 3g
Mashed potato 150g
Caster sugar 20g
Instant yeast 1 tsp
DecorationButter, cut into thin strips
1. Dough: Combine all ingredients together (except butter) in a mixer & beat until a dough is formed.
2. Add in butter & beat again until the dough is smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll dough out & shape them into oval.
5. Proof the dough for 1hr.
6. Use a knife to make a slit in the middle of the dough & put one strip of the butter on top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180C for 15mins.
8. Sprinkle a dash of chili powder on top of the bread after out from oven.
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Jasmine from Sweetylicious.