Monday, December 30, 2013
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Christmas Fruit Cake(Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal）
500g mixed fruit
2 Tbsp orange juice
*Combine everything & let it soak overnight in the fridge.
200g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
100g chopped walnuts
Orange juice& zest from 1 orange
2. Add in eggs one by one, beat well after each addition. Add in orange juice & zest. Mix well.
3. Sift flour into the butter mixture & beat on low speed until no clumps are seen.
4. Fold soaked fruits & all the remaining liquid into the batter. Add in nuts.
6. Pour batter into pan & bake in a preheated oven @160C for 40mins.
7. Remove cake from oven & immediately drizzle Rum over hot cake.
See, I added in a big 'Christmas tree' on top of the cake
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Christmas Stollen(Recipe adapted from carol)
160g bread flour
140g plain flour
3/4 tsp yeast
160g mixed fruits soaked in 50g Rum (do 1 week in advance)
1. Put all ingredients into a mixer & knead into a dough.
2. take out the dough from the mixer & knead in the mixed fruits slowly.
3. Proof the dough for 1hr.
4. De-gas the dough & roll it out into a slightly rectangle shape. Fold dough lengthwise. Proof again for 1hr.
5. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 20mins.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #38 - Boozy-licious hosted by Jaslin of Foodie Baker
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Kinako Pumpkin waffles(Recipe adapted & modify from Bernice Kitchen)
200g pumpkin puree
50g brown sugar
150ml soya milk
100g plain flour
120g Liv salted butter, melted
*Batter is slightly thicker due to the kinako
*Serve waffles with gula melaka syrup
1. Whisk pumpkin puree, eggs & milk in a bowl.
2. Add in sifted flour & kinako. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in melted butter.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
This post is sponsored by LIV butter. Try a Liv butter today!
(Recipe adapted & modify from here)
115g cream cheese, soften
115g Liv unsalted butter, soften
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain flour
creamy peanut butter
1. Add flour & salt in a mixing bowl with soften cream cheese & butter. Knead into a dough & divide into 2 portions. Placed in fridge for at least 2 hrs.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a circle. Spread peanut butter over the dough.
3. Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough into 8 wedges. Starting at the base of each triangle, roll the dough up so that each cookie becomes a little crescent. Arrange the roll-ups on baking sheet. Repeat with the 2nd portion of dough.
4. Baked in a preheated oven @ 170C for 20mins.
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Friday, November 29, 2013
Lychee Prawns(Recipe adapted from 三菜一汤）
10 prawns, clean & chopped roughly into smaller bits
1 can lychee
1 egg, beaten
pepper, salt to taste
1. Add pepper & salt to prawns. Add in cornflour & mix well.
2. Stuff the prawns mixture into lychee & coat it with a layer of cornflour, followed by egg mixture & breadcrumbs.
3. Deep fry the lychee prawns until golden brown.
4. Drizzle some sauce (lychee syrup + cornflour + water) over the lychee prawns before serving.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
买了一个Cream cheese 和 potato 的来试。Potato 的没有任何惊喜，但Cream cheese 的真的是好吃到不得了。外皮裹着一层面包屑炸的很酥，Cream cheese又绵又稠，入口即化.
Cream Cheese Buns
150g bread flour
1/2 tsp yeast
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
Filling (recipe adapted from Passionate about baking)
115g cream cheese
35g icing sugar
1 Tbsp lemon curd
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Citron Tea Chiffon
Recipe adapted & modify from鲸鱼)
80g plain flour
5 egg yolks
50g vegetable oil
50g korean honey citron paste
5 eggs whites
1. In a bowl, combine egg yolks, milk & oil. Add in citron paste, mix till combined. Sift in flour.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually & beat until stiff peaks.
3. Add 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk mixture & fold in lightly. Then add remaining meringue & fold to incorporate completely.
4. Pour batter into a tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160 degrees for 50mins.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
QQ韩国面包(Recipe adapted & modify slightly from SiewHwei's Kitchen)
50g bread flour
250g korean premix flour
100g soya milk (made using Joyoung)
50g Liv unsalted butter, melted
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixer until a dough is formed. Rest for 15mins.
2. Divide dough into 40g each & rest for 8mins.
3. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 30mins.
Monday, November 11, 2013
If you are an Italian food lover, you should be very familiar with Alce Nero. Alce Nero, the leading brand in Italy since 1970s commits itself to bringing wellness & health to their consumers with its extensive range of quality organic pasta & sauce. Their products, being organic are free from synthetic chemical substances & pesticides allows consumers to obtain wholesome food that is both natural & delicious. In addition its vast selection of organic pasta & sauces, Alce Nero also carries Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, jams & Honey, everything you need to put up a delicious Italian meal. Alce Nero products are available online at healthygourmet.sg & leading supermarkets.
I am glad to be invited by Gushcloud (a social advertising company in Singapore) to have a fun hands- on cooking session at Food Playground last Saturday, 9th Nov. Great tips were being picked up from the chef for an authentic Italian meal. There were 12 bloggers in total & we were divided into 3 groups for the hands on. The recipes for the day are pizza & Laksa Pesto Spaghetti. Without further ado, let me put on my apron & my DIY chef hat (with my trademark cat's paws :)) & lead you into the kitchen behind that white door where all the fun begins.
The kitchen is spacious & well equipped with 2 big ovens. It is a dream kitchen for all cooks & bakers. A lovely place to have classes n mingle with new friends. All the cooking ingredients are prepared nicely for us on the instructor's table. Preheating of oven is essential before baking.
The instructor demonstrated to us how to make a pizza dough from scratch. Her kneading method is slightly different from our usual but the taste of the product is definitely not compromise, in fact it is better! Just remember these 3 easy steps: pull the dough apart, beat a few times on the table & fold the dough. Repeat until the dough is smooth & non sticky.
To minimize the proofing time, she uses dry yeast & the dough was sent to 'proof' in the oven at a low temp of 40C for around 20mins. We were given a round of quiz to determine the winning team so as to have the priority to choose the pizza ingredients! Our team came in second & these are our ingredients. We took turns to experience kneading the dough. See, the dough started out to be so sticky & hard to handle initially. After numerous tiring kneading by my strong team mates, it become almost smooth when it is my turn to knead. LOL =)
Next, lets proceed to do the laksa pesto spaghetti. This is my first time doing the pesto paste from scratch. It is a 'good' workout for the arm pounding a bunch of laksa leaves, cloves of garlic & candlenuts together. My team mate was very kind to take over the job, I guess she can sense my arm 'aching' after pounding for some time! LOL. This is how the paste look after frying with olive oil & addition of coconut milk.
Ta-daa.. our laksa pesto spaghetti after garnish & our pizza fresh out from oven. Looks pro huh?
Now, it's time for some food tasting back in the dining room. These are done by the 3 teams. The most creative team walked away with an additional hamper on top of a goodie bag. Sad to say our team do not have that privilege. Nevertheless, we all truly had a great time & loads of fun during the 3 hr cook off together. The food we cook were really simple & delicious. The freshness of the ingredients and richness of the flavour were really awesome and authentic, almost bringing us back to Italy itself. I can't wait to start getting my pantry stocked with alce nero products and cook these brilliant Italian dishes for my family.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the organizers for this great cook off & is looking forward to more such events in near future.