Monday, December 30, 2013
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Christmas Fruit Cake(Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal）
500g mixed fruit
2 Tbsp orange juice
*Combine everything & let it soak overnight in the fridge.
200g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
100g chopped walnuts
Orange juice& zest from 1 orange
2. Add in eggs one by one, beat well after each addition. Add in orange juice & zest. Mix well.
3. Sift flour into the butter mixture & beat on low speed until no clumps are seen.
4. Fold soaked fruits & all the remaining liquid into the batter. Add in nuts.
6. Pour batter into pan & bake in a preheated oven @160C for 40mins.
7. Remove cake from oven & immediately drizzle Rum over hot cake.
See, I added in a big 'Christmas tree' on top of the cake
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Christmas Stollen(Recipe adapted from carol)
160g bread flour
140g plain flour
3/4 tsp yeast
160g mixed fruits soaked in 50g Rum (do 1 week in advance)
1. Put all ingredients into a mixer & knead into a dough.
2. take out the dough from the mixer & knead in the mixed fruits slowly.
3. Proof the dough for 1hr.
4. De-gas the dough & roll it out into a slightly rectangle shape. Fold dough lengthwise. Proof again for 1hr.
5. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 20mins.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #38 - Boozy-licious hosted by Jaslin of Foodie Baker
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Kinako Pumpkin waffles(Recipe adapted & modify from Bernice Kitchen)
200g pumpkin puree
50g brown sugar
150ml soya milk
100g plain flour
120g Liv salted butter, melted
*Batter is slightly thicker due to the kinako
*Serve waffles with gula melaka syrup
1. Whisk pumpkin puree, eggs & milk in a bowl.
2. Add in sifted flour & kinako. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in melted butter.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
This post is sponsored by LIV butter. Try a Liv butter today!
(Recipe adapted & modify from here)
115g cream cheese, soften
115g Liv unsalted butter, soften
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain flour
creamy peanut butter
1. Add flour & salt in a mixing bowl with soften cream cheese & butter. Knead into a dough & divide into 2 portions. Placed in fridge for at least 2 hrs.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a circle. Spread peanut butter over the dough.
3. Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough into 8 wedges. Starting at the base of each triangle, roll the dough up so that each cookie becomes a little crescent. Arrange the roll-ups on baking sheet. Repeat with the 2nd portion of dough.
4. Baked in a preheated oven @ 170C for 20mins.