Friday, March 25, 2011
I made some pandan cuppies this afternoon for just two reasons - I want to use up my last bit of pandan paste at home & also I got a sudden craving for pandan stuffs! These greenish little cuppies were really soft & I love the combination with the mild pandan flavoured frosting.
(Adapted & modified from Off the spork)
70g caster sugar
140g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
60ml whipping cream
1 tsp pandan paste
*Add pandan paste into whipping cream & whipped until stiff peak. Leave in fridge for later use.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for several minutes with an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating well between additions, until the mixture is pale & fluffy.
3. Add the egg slowly, mixing for a few minutes after each addition.
4. Add 1/3 of the flours to the butter mixture & beat on low speed. Add 1/3 of the whipping cream & beat again. Repeat these steps until all the flour & whipping cream have been added. Add the pandan paste & until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcakes cases. Bake @ 180 degrees for 25 mins.
6. Remove from the oven & place on a wire rack to cool. When completely cool, frost with pandan flavoured cream.
Posted by CaThY at 3/25/2011 06:44:00 PM
Labels: Muffins / Cupcakes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
oh I also love pandan! and I have some in my fridge! should make soon! your cuppies look yum! :)
Thanks! Yeah, they are really nice ;)
Oh the pan dan cupcakes look soft and fragrant! Love how you piped the cream, very generous, yum!
Thanks for your kind words ;)
The pandan cupcakes are lovely! Bookmarking it to try!
Yeah, very nice should try :)
looks delicately made and divine! our proud asian makeover of the angmoh cuppies! :P
hahaha, the way you say is so funi ;)
They are so cute!
Hey Cathy, I was craving for pandan stuff today too !! :) And yours just made me drooling all over. Hehehe...
Hahaha, take a seat & have a cuppie here then ;)
Love the looks of your cuppies.
These are beautiful and I'm sure they taste every bit as good as they look. I love their spring-like color. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
The cuppies looks so pretty! I love the soft green colour of the frosting :).
Thanks fir your kind words ;)
Thanks for liking those green cuppies ;)
beautiful! how did you make your topping so even?
Use rounded tip to pipe ;)
the cuppies look so lovely! the colours are so nice and muffin look so soft and moist (: jess love pandan! :D
Thanks! All time favorite bake ;)
I love pandan...anything! haha....
It's a lovely shade of green :) Your cupcakes look really pretty! And they look really yummy too!
Thanks for your compliments :)
I am your newest follower
your entire blog is tooooo cute
Welcome to my humble blog. Do drop by more often :)
these cuppies look adorable!
looks delicious!! nice to meet your blog!
mister pineapple man,
welcome to my blog. Do drop by often :)
Those cupcakes look so pretty!
whipping cream cake! i love the texture whipping cream cake produces, and adding pandan paste seems like a great idea to flavour this. I love the little heart decorations you put on these. Very cute!
Thanks fr your kind words! ;)
Thanks fr your kind words! ;)
Post a Comment