Friday, March 25, 2011
I made some pandan cuppies this afternoon for just two reasons - I want to use up my last bit of pandan paste at home & also I got a sudden craving for pandan stuffs! These greenish little cuppies were really soft & I love the combination with the mild pandan flavoured frosting.
(Adapted & modified from Off the spork)
70g caster sugar
140g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
60ml whipping cream
1 tsp pandan paste
*Add pandan paste into whipping cream & whipped until stiff peak. Leave in fridge for later use.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for several minutes with an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating well between additions, until the mixture is pale & fluffy.
3. Add the egg slowly, mixing for a few minutes after each addition.
4. Add 1/3 of the flours to the butter mixture & beat on low speed. Add 1/3 of the whipping cream & beat again. Repeat these steps until all the flour & whipping cream have been added. Add the pandan paste & until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcakes cases. Bake @ 180 degrees for 25 mins.
6. Remove from the oven & place on a wire rack to cool. When completely cool, frost with pandan flavoured cream.