Friday, March 18, 2011
Chocolate Chiffon Cake ~ 巧克力戚风蛋糕
(Recipe adapted & modified from The First Book of Baking for Beginners by Carol)
115g Whipping cream
30g vegetable oil
60g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
1 whole egg
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1. In a saucepan, mix whipping cream, oil & sugar together until boil.
2. Add sifted flour & cocoa powder into (1). Stir well.
Remove the saucepan from stove when the mixture combined into a soft dough & does not stick to the pan.
3. Let the mixture (2) cool down. Add in egg & egg yolks slowly till combined.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually & beat till stiff.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated.
6. Pour in the remaining egg whites & fold gently till well combined.
7. Pour into chiffon mould & bake @ 180 deg C for 40mins.
8. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool.