Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Oats Bread (Recipe adapted & modified from Carol 烘焙新手必备的第二本书)
Cold water 150ml
Cook together in a saucepan over low heat till boiling. Off the stove & cover the saucepan with lid for 15mins. After 15mins later, lift the lid & mix till it become a dough.
Bread flour 250g
Bread improver 3g
castor sugar 20g
cold water 80mls
Egg for glazing
Extra oats to sprinkle on dough
1) Put all ingredients (B) & the oats dough into a mixer. Beat until it become a non sticky dough.
2) Remove dough & give a few light kneading on a lightly floured work surface. Divide into 2 equal portions & shape into balls.
3) Flatten & roll out each dough into an oval shape. Roll up swiss roll style. Place in a bread loaf tin (well greased), seams side down. Let dough proof for 1 hr or until the dough rise up to 90% of the height of the tin.
4) Brush the top of bread dough with egg slightly & sprinkle oats on top. Bake at preheated oven at 180degC for 30mins.
5) Remove from oven & unmold immediately. Let cool completely before slicing.