Apple Yeasted Sugar Tart
(Adapted & modified from Table for 2 or more by Wendy)
250g bread flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp yeast
120gm warm milk
60g brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
whipping cream (left over from my Pandan cuppies)
1. Combine flour, sugar & instant yeast together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
2. Mix milk & egg together and pour into the well.
3. With a spoon, try to bring the flour in gradually & form a dough.
4. When everything has come together, knead in softened butter. Continue to knead, it is very
soft and sticky at the beginning & knead it until it no longer feels sticky & a smooth dough is formed.
5. Then cover and let it proof for 30 minutes. Meanwhile prepare a loose bottomed 9 inch tart pan. Generously butter the pan.
6. Punch down the dough & give it a 1-2 mins knead. Let it rest for 5-10 mins before flattening it into the pan.
7. Let dough in pan proof for another 30 mins.
8. Meanwhile, peel & cut apples. When 30 mins is up, the dough looks puffy. Press the apples in & sprinkle the brown sugar & cinnamon onto the apples.
9. Preheat the oven @ 180, the tart will continue to proof until the oven is ready. Bake the tart for 10 mins.
10. Remove tart from oven and spoon the cream over the apples.
12. Return tart back to oven @ 180 degrees for 20 mins.
13. Remove from oven & transfer tart to cooling rack, remove mould & let it cool on rack.
14. Slice only when tart turned warm to touch, if not the cream filling will be runny.
Arranging my apple slices on top of the dough after 30mins of proofing. Don't you think my rounded dough on the sides resembled 'Fishballs'? ;P
Out from oven cooling down! I love the greenish swirl but I guessed my oven temperature is way too hot~ Can you see my 'overcooked meatballs' ? ;P
This bread is very soft. The crunchy sweetened apples added a unqiue taste when eaten together with the bread. I simple heart this. Give it a try too, will ya?