Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Osmanthus Chiffon Cake
Osmanthus Chiffon Cake ~ 桂花戚风蛋糕
(Recipe adapted & modified from Vivian Pang Kitchen)
50g brown sugar
2 Tbsp Osmanthus
Few pieces of wolfberries
4 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
40g vegetable oil
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a pot. Bring to boil, off heat & let it cool for 10mins.
2. Mix all ingredients (B) in a bowl. Add in the cool syrup from (A). Stir well.
3. Fold in sifted ingredients (C). Mix till smooth.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually & beat till stiff.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated.
6. Pour in the remaining egg whites & fold gently till well combined.
7. Pour into chiffon mould & bake @ 180 deg C for 35mins.
8. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool.