Thursday, February 10, 2011
Vanilla cuppies (Recipe adapted & modified from Joyofbaking,com)
120g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
190g plain flour
1.5tsp baking powder
*Extras: Some DDL & chopped cashew nuts
1. Sift flour & baking powder together.
2. Whisk buter & sugar until light & fluffy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla essence & DDL.
4. Add in flour mixture & milk alternately in 3 additions. Add in chopped cashew nuts.
5. Fill muffin cups with batter till 3/4 full & sprinkle cashew nuts on top
6. Bake at 180°C for 20mins.
85ml whipping cream, cold
1. Put DDL into mixing bowl & put in a bit of cream. On low speed, mix to combine, adding more gradually. When all the whipping cream has been added in, turn to high speed and beat until soft peaks.
These cuppies have a nice fragrance of cashew nuts when out of the oven. *sigh* I am unable to sample them as they were baked specially for a friend ;P