Sunday, July 3, 2011

Orange Curd Cakes

Orange Curd Cakes 
(Recipe adapted & modified from Sweet & Simple Bakes)

200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
80g caster sugar
1 large egg
75ml oil
150ml milk
½ vanilla pod
Orange curd (*from my left over Earl Grey macarons)
chopped peanuts 

1. Preheat the oven to 190oC.

2. Sieve the flour & baking powder into a bowl & stir in the sugar. In a large jug mix together the egg, sunflower oil, milk & vanilla pod. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry & stir gently together until just combined. Put a tsp of the batter at the base of silicon mould. Top with 1 tsp orange curd & sprinkle peanuts. Top with the rest of the batter & sprinkle more peanuts.

3. Bake for 15 mins.


NEL said...


kendra bing said...

Discover blogs, pics and videos you otherwise wouldn't have at Or submit your blog postings to be part of the big collection.

Cheah said...

Hey, they look cute and must be yummy!

cathysjoy said...

Hahaha ;)

neyeeloh said...

I didn't know can use orange curd to make cake, I thought could only use it to spread on bread....  ^_^

cathysjoy said...

Hmm.. they taste a bit like 'Mi Jiang Kuek'.... kekeke ;)

cathysjoy said...

I used orange curd as macaron fillings too ;)

Shaz said...

Hi Cathy. I love orange anything. Thanks for sharing. I added your blog to my blogroll. I hope you don't mind. Have a great week ahead!

cathysjoy said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll :)

Post a Comment