樱花蛋糕卷 ~ Sakura Swiss Roll
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
80g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
40g vegetable oil
80g plain flour
180g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & milk until combined. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Placed some Sakura into a tray lined with parchment paper. Pour batter in & bake @ 180 deg C for 15mins.
40g rose water (2.5 tsp rose extract + 40ml hot water)
30g icing sugar
1. Whisk icing sugar & butter in a bowl. Add in rose water & whisk till combined.
Rose extract - bought during my last HK trip
P/S: Thanks Alan (from travellingfoodies) for the Sakura *^_^*
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times (July 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food