Wednesday, July 13, 2011
樱桃蛋糕卷 ~ Cherry Swiss Roll
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
25g butter, softened
15g icing sugar
25g egg white
20g plain flour
5g cocoa powder
1) Mix all ingredients together & spread onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
2) Use a pattern scrape board to make a few lines & put in fridge for later use.
80g egg yolks
15g castor sugar
45g vegetable oil
45g whipping cream
85g plain flour
170g egg whites
75g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & whipping cream until combined. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Remove the tray from fridge & pour batter on top. Bake @ 180 deg C for 15mins.
80g Whipping cream
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times (July 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food