Rich Custard Puffs (Recipe adapted & modify from j3ss kitch3n)
30g caster sugar
80g plain flour
10g cocoa powder
150g whole eggs
1. Put butter, milk, water & sugar in a saucepan & boil until butter is melted, over medium heat.
2. Add in sifted cake flour & cocoa powder & remove from heat. Stir with a wooden spoon & return the saucepan to the stove & cook over medium heat.
3.Keep stirring the mixture until it forms a dough & a thin layer of membrane is formed at the bottom of the saucepan. Remove from heat & scoop the dough into a large heat proof bowl.
Gradually add in beaten eggs blend the mixture with an electric mixer until smooth.
4.Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe 4cm circles on a lined baking tray spaced at least 2cm apart.
5. Bake in preheated oven of 200C for 15mins, reduce the heat to 180C & bake for another 20mins then remove & cool the puffs.
3 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
10g corn starch
11g plain flour
1g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
some chopped peanuts
1. Using a electrical mixer, beat egg yolks & sugar in a large heat proof mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add in sifted corn starch, cake flour, cocoa powder, vanilla essence & stir well.
2. In a saucepan, bring milk to a boil, then pour into the egg yolk mixture & stir to combine. Put the combined mixture into the saucepan again and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to thicken considerably then stir in the butter until melted.
3. Strain the mixture to obtain a smooth consistency. Add in chopped peanuts.
4. Pipe the cooled custard fillings into the puffs until full, chill the puffs.