Sunday, May 22, 2011
Chesdale Cheese Chiffon ~ 车达乳酪戚风蛋糕
(Recipe adapted & modify from 星厨房)
3 slices of chesdale cheese
5 egg yolks
80g plain flour
1 lemon zest
6 egg whites
1. Put milk & cheese slices in a small saucepan. Melt the cheese using low heat on stove. Add in lemon zest.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks & sugar together, add in oil & the mixture from (1). Add in sifted flour.
3. In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture becomes frothy & foamy. Turn to high speed & gradually beat in the sugar until soft peaks forms.
4. With a spatula, gently fold in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture until just blended. Repeat with 1/2 of the remaining egg white. Finally, pour the resulting batter to the remaining egg white. Fold in to combine.
5. Pour batter into a tube pan. Tap the pan lightly on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for 50mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Invert the pan immediately & let cool completely before unmould.