Saturday, May 14, 2011
Matcha Chestnut Swiss Roll 抹茶栗子卷
Matcha Chestnut Swiss Roll ~ 抹茶栗子卷
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
80g egg yolks
20g castor sugar
40g vegetable oil
40g whipping cream
80g plain flour
2 tsp matcha powder
160g egg whites
80g castor sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, castor sugar, vegetable oil & whipping cream until combined. Sift in flour & matcha powder & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
3. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into a tray lined with parchment paper & bake @ 180 deg C for 10mins.
Chestnut cream fillings:
50g whipping cream
200g chestnut puree
35g icing sugar
1. Whisk chestnut puree, icing sugar & butter in a bowl. Add in whipping cream slowly & whisk till combined.