Chocolate Marbled Loaf ~ 巧克力大理石吐司 (Recipe from Carol)
20g bread flour
10g cocoa powder
20g castor sugar
1 egg white1. Melt chocolate & butter separately.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder & cornflour together. Put the flour mixture in a saucepan.
3. Add in milk & sugar into the sifted flour mixture.
4. Add in melted chocolate, butter & egg white.
5. Put the saucepan over the stove on low heat. Using a balloon whisk to stir the mixture until it becomes thick. It will becomes a soft dough.
6. Remove the saucepan from stove. Pour out the chocolate dough onto a cling wrap to cool down.
7. Roll out the chocolate dough into 18cm x 18cm & put in fridge for later use.
260g bread flour
20g plain flour
25g castor sugar
3/4 tsp instead yeast
1/4 tsp salt
20g butter1. Combine all ingredients together (except butter) in a mixer & beat until a dough is formed.
2. Add in butter & beat again until the dough is smooth.
3. Roll out the dough into a square (at least 2x the chocolate dough)
4. Put the chocolate dough on top of the bread dough & wrap it up.
5. Roll out the dough slowly until double of the original.
6. Fold the dough into 1/3 (2 times) & roll out.
7. Repeat step 5 & 6 again.
8. At the final roll out of the dough, divide the dough into 3 strips (but do not cut the dough totally) & do plaiting.
9. Place in a lightly greased loaf tin & proof for an hour.
10. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180C for 30mins.
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #7 - Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by Doris from Tested & tasted.