Chocolate Marbled Loaf ~ 巧克力大理石吐司 (Recipe from Carol)
20g bread flour
10g cocoa powder
20g castor sugar
1 egg white1. Melt chocolate & butter separately.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder & cornflour together. Put the flour mixture in a saucepan.
3. Add in milk & sugar into the sifted flour mixture.
4. Add in melted chocolate, butter & egg white.
5. Put the saucepan over the stove on low heat. Using a balloon whisk to stir the mixture until it becomes thick. It will becomes a soft dough.
6. Remove the saucepan from stove. Pour out the chocolate dough onto a cling wrap to cool down.
7. Roll out the chocolate dough into 18cm x 18cm & put in fridge for later use.
260g bread flour
20g plain flour
25g castor sugar
3/4 tsp instead yeast
1/4 tsp salt
20g butter1. Combine all ingredients together (except butter) in a mixer & beat until a dough is formed.
2. Add in butter & beat again until the dough is smooth.
3. Roll out the dough into a square (at least 2x the chocolate dough)
4. Put the chocolate dough on top of the bread dough & wrap it up.
5. Roll out the dough slowly until double of the original.
6. Fold the dough into 1/3 (2 times) & roll out.
7. Repeat step 5 & 6 again.
8. At the final roll out of the dough, divide the dough into 3 strips (but do not cut the dough totally) & do plaiting.
9. Place in a lightly greased loaf tin & proof for an hour.
10. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180C for 30mins.
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #7 - Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by Doris from Tested & tasted.
可以啦！ 蛮容易的，你试试看 ：）
鲸鱼,别那麽说，你也可以做的啦。 相信自己 ：）
Cathy, this bread is so unusual. Look so attractive!
Hi, your bread look marvelous, like the pattern,so beautiful....
Fabulous and the bread slices look very attractive!
Thanks for your kind words ;)
Thanks for your compliments ;)
So pretty marbled patterns. Bookmark first. Try it when I'm more confident in bread making. Thanks for your tips too! :)
What a beautiful loaf! The marble patterns are so beautifully crafted.
A great looking loaf !!
Thanks! Hey, juz wanna tell you I got problem leaving comments in your blog :(
Thanks for your kind words :)
You are most welcome :)
Very lovely loaf! I like the swirl of the bread...your bread looks so tempting, want to take a piece :)
Thanks for your kind words =)
hello cathy, that's really a beautiful loaf! I am impressed!!
wow it looks awesome! looks really difficult to make sia :D beautiful loaf!
Hahaha, Thanks for your kind words! :)
Thanks! Not difficult to make this at all. Give it a try ;)
beautiful swirls and the texture is heavenly!
Thanks ah jess ;)
the swirls are sooo LOVELY! and the bread look so soft and yummy! (:
Made this before, love it! The swirls are so beautiful ^_^
I love the look of this bread and I looked hard at other blogs in hope to find the recipe in English but in vain.Would you mind translating the recipe into English please.I would appreciate it very much.Thank you.
I had include the recipe in English but do hop over to Carol's website for the step by step picture guide.
I really appreciate you translating this recipe for me.Thank you so much:)
Looking forward to see your bread ;)
I've tried this recipe and it turns out very soft and nice. Thanks.
Glad you like it :)
I've linked both you and carol自在生活 in my blog. Feel free to hop over to Hundred Eighty Degrees to view. Thanks.
Thanks. I saw your bread. It was very nicely done :)
Post a Comment