Thursday, January 6, 2011
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies (adapted & modified from Cakes & Bakes)
150g chunky peanut butter
1 beaten egg
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
75g chopped peanuts
1) Beat butter & peanut butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add in sugar gradually & beat well. Add the beaten egg a little at a time until thoroughly blended.
2) Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into the creamed peanut butter mixture.
3) Add the chopped peanuts & bring the mixture together to form a dough. Chill the dough in fridge for about 30mins.
4) Roll the dough into small balls & placed them on baking tray. Flattened the balls with the back of the fork.
5) Preheat oven to 190°C. Bake the cookies for abou 15mins or until golden brown.
Verdict: Crunchy cookies. I love the peanut butter taste with small chunks of peanuts.
I'm submitting this to the Aspiring Bakers #3 My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011)