This is my 3rd time doing these bars but using different fruit purees. These are so addictive that you simply can't stop at one bar! =)
Mango Bars(Recipe adapted & modify from Sugar & Everything Nice)
150g plain flour
35g icing sugar
125g salted butter, cut into cubes
Ingredients for the Filling:
30g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
200g mango puree
Confectioner’s sugar (for dusting)
1) Mix the flour & icing sugar in a medium large bowl. Add in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2) Press the dough into the base of a baking pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 20mins until just golden.
1) Whisk the eggs until slightly frothy. Gradually whisk in the sugar. Then beat in the flour & baking powder until well-mixed.
2) Add in the fruit purée & whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the filling over the crust in the baking pan. Bake at 160 degrees for 30mins until the top of the bars are golden brown & the center is firm.
3) Cool completely & refrigerate for a few hours before slicing into squares.
Post a Comment