Sunday, March 11, 2012
(Recipe adapted & modified from Tartelette)
45g egg whites
13g castor sugar
100g icing sugar
55g ground almonds
edible pearls for decoration
1. Whip the egg whites to a foam, gradually add the sugar & whisk until the egg white mixture becomes shiny & stiff peaks.
2. Place the icing sugar & ground almonds in a food processor & give them a good pulse.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients into the egg whites batter until just combined. Add colouring.
4. Pipe the batter into whatever size & shape you wished.
5. Set it aside for the shells' surface to dry up.
6. Preheat oven to 140C for 30mins.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #17: March Macaron Madness (March 2012) hosted by Alan of travellingfoodies