(Recipe adapted & modified from Carol)
45g egg whites
50g castor sugar
65g almond meal
60g icing sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Sift almond meal, icing sugar & cocoa powder together.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy, add in half of the castor sugar & whisk until soft peaks forms. Add in remaining castor sugar & whisk until the egg white mixture becomes shiny & stiff peaks.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the egg whites batter until just combined.
- Pipe the batter into whatever size & shape you wished.
- Rap the baking tray hard, a few times on the floor to spread the batter slightly.
- Set it aside for the shells' surface to dry up.
- Preheat oven to 200C, slide the tray of dried macarons into the oven, off the heat immediately & keep the oven door ajar with a thick glove placed in between, for 6mins.
- Once the 6mins is up, close the oven door . Bake the macarons at 140C for 10mins & lower the heat to 100C & bake for 15mins again.
- Remove from oven & let it cool completely before removing from the parchment paper.
*Chocolate Macarons ~ Chocloate filling with dried Cranberry*
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #17: March Macaron Madness (March 2012) hosted by Alan of travellingfoodies
I tried Carol"s macaron recipe before with high successful rate! Yours look awesome!
Another batch of lovely macarons. I have not tried making cholcolate shells yet. Tempted to for my next batch. I now got mac bugs in me. LOL!
haha, you muz try! chocolate macs are very nice & not so sweet also :)
Post a Comment