Monday, April 25, 2011
Grand Marnier Pound cake
Pound cake (Recipe adapted & modify from J3ss kitchen)
1 orange zest & juice
2 tsp grand marnier
85g butter, softened
240g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
40g whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat a baking pan with butter & dust with some flour.
2. Cream the butter & sugar until it is light & fluffy.
3. On low speed, add the egg to the butter mixture. Mix in Grand Marnier & orange zest.
4. Sift plain flour & baking powder in a medium bowl. With the mixture on the lowest speed, add the flour mixture & whipping cream & orange juice alternately, beginning with one-third of the flour mixture & half of the whipping cream & orange juice; repeat, then finish with the flour mixture.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan & smooth the top. Bake for 45mins, until firm to the touch & passed the skewer test. Transfer to a rack to cool completely before serving.